Optimised specific product information flows for Deschacht.
Buildmat comprises a group of successful brands in the construction industry and today employs around 300 people. Buildmat groups about seven companies, including the distribution company Deschacht.
The quality-conscious construction professional can rely on Deschacht for a very wide range, more than 15,000 articles, including sewage and drainage materials, roofing, facade and insulation materials and foils.
Via its webshop and ten distribution centres spread throughout Belgium, Deschacht guarantees fast delivery.
We organised several sessions with employees from different departments and business sectors. Based on this input, Induxx provided a well-defined scope.
Since the biggest challenge was to generate PDF versions of technical data sheets, we started with this. Furthermore, Induxx developed the necessary links between Akeneo PIM, the ERP system and E-commerce.
At Induxx, we always strive for the best possible project design. For this reason, a digital project manager was appointed to safeguard the scope and a product data model was drawn up to guarantee all optimisations towards Natch.
- Deschacht wanted to optimise specific product information flows. These flows were in TXT files and caused difficulties in importing and exporting products to the product management system.
- Deschacht also wanted to be able to deliver and manage specific assets (standards nomenclature) for building information models in a PIM system in the future.
- Finally, a solution was required with which technical data sheets could be easily converted into PDF files.
- Buildmat today has two flexible Akeneo environments at its disposal. These can be extended and used in a myriad of ways, depending on Buildmat’s future.
- Both environments are maintained synchronously in order to avoid costs and ensure use of common features.
- Both PDF generator and its links to the BIM system and the friendly URL app are an important added value for the PIM system, as well as the latest addition of the EasyCatalog connector that allows to build a catalogue in Akeneo and send it to Adobe InDesign with a single click.
Whereas Deschacht previously needed a full-time equivalent to create and manage technical data sheets, PDF data sheets are now automatically created within the PIM system based on live and up-to-date product information.
Concrete wins following the PIM implementation
- More flexibility for marketing enrichment at the product level
- Technical data sheets in PDF are created and managed directly in the PIM.
- Improved workflow through views and specific attribute design in Akeneo.
- Scalability to other brands
- Customised feed for Kohera (BI application)
- Time saving